Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 5 times (last 30 days)
GroupDim-sum Cooking Class Experience with Local Senior Chef
- Duration : 2.5 Hours
- Offered in English
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Love cooking, a true foodie, an experienced senior dim-sum chef, Cici has been teaching Chinese cooking class for more than three years. Not only she teaches dim-sum cooking skills during the class, but also introduces and explains the background of all the Chinese cooking culture. Apart from that, you will be shared with the experience by Cici and all her fellow food lovers!
- Freshest and locally sourced ingredients from the local market, no MSG!
- Learn about Chinese cooking culture besides studying dim-sum cooking
- Bilingual cooking class and kids friendly
- Taste dim-sum made by your own hands
View allExperience Details
- Class Venue
Cici has two cooking venues. After you book the class, you will receive the exact address and contact details for the day in both Chinese and English. You can get a taxi there, it's very easy to find the place out. The class starts at 10:00 a.m.
The typical dim-sum in Shanghai is called Xiaolongbao by the locals. Unlike dumplings or buns, this little bundle of joy contains delicious soup inside. Authentic Shanghai Xiaolongbao ought to have a delicate skin surrounding the savory soup that bursts open with the first bite.
- Learning Process
Cici will teach you how to make both dough and filling with fragrant Chinese spices in a class where she also reveals how soup can be wrapped in a Xiaolongbao. You will cook Xiaolongbao in two ways, and additionally, learn how to make a yummy Chinese sauce to go with Xiaolongbao.
Finally, time to enjoy your hand-made Xiaolongbao together. And congratulations, you have learnt an exclusive skill to impress the stomach of your family and friends! A free standard recipe will be prepared for you to take back home.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Bilingual teaching
- All ingredients and materials for making dim-sum
- Free flow tea and water
- Pickup and Drop-off
Meeting Point Info
- An easy-to-find location downtown informed by email
- Pls note in advance if you are vegan, or if you have any food restrictions or allergies.
- Children are over 5 years old can attend the class as individuals. Kids under 2 years old are allowed to be brought to the class without charge.
- If you wish to learn to make dumplings, deep-fried buns, Chinese crepes, pls contact us in advance.
- Make sure you come with an empty stomach, as there will be plenty of yummy dumplings. If you wish to book a date that is currently not available, feel free to communicate with us.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
- You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.