Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
Private2-Day Private Trip to Leshan Grand Buddha and Emei Shan including Monastery Stay
- Duration : 2 Days
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 5 days before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Discover the incredible UNESCO World Heritage-listed sites of Leshan on an all-inclusive 2-day tour from Chengdu. Witness the colossal majesty of Leshan Grand Buddha, the largest stone Buddha sculpture in the world. Spend the night in an enchanting monastery; and appease an appetite for authenticity with traditional Chinese meals. Relish the freedom and flexibility of this private tour and enjoy the undivided attention of your guide throughout your experience.
- 2-day tour of Leshan Grand Buddha and Emei Shan with a private guide
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Grand Buddha
- Enjoy overnight accommodation at a Baoguo Monastery
- Get a glimpse of traditions in an ancient religious temple
- All-inclusive private tour gives you more flexibility on your daily agendas
- Personalized and in-depth experience
View allExperience Details
- Day 1: Leshan Grand Buddha (L, D)
After private pickup from your Chengdu hotel, enjoy a relaxing 2-hour drive to the Leshan Grand Buddha. Spend four hours on a guided exploration of the surrounding trails and visit the Wuyou Temple, which houses a large number of calligraphic paintings and various Buddhist artifacts. At the foot of this structure, admire its grandeur - at 233 feet (71 m) high and 92 feet (28 m) wide, it is the largest stone Buddha sculpture in the entire world!A short drive will take you to the foot of UNESCO World Heritage-listed Emei Shan. Covering an area of about 10 acres (4 ha), there is plenty to see on a walking tour with your guide, like the classical Chinese courtyard surrounded by springs and ponds or the Tiger-Taming Temple, allegedly named because of a pillar built in front that protects people from tiger attacks.Spend the night at Baoguo Monastery, an ancient temple where you can witness elements of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism.
- Day 2: Emei Shan (B, L)
After breakfast, follow your guide to the excursion bus that will take you to the cable car station. Board the cable car with your guide to ascend Emei Shan to the Golden Summit. Upon disembarking, find yourself among a sea of clouds at 9,842 feet (3,000 m) above sea level. If you wake up early enough, you can enjoy a gorgeous sunrise from the summit that many people come from afar to witness.See the tallest golden statue of Puxian, standing at 157 feet (48 m) high. Explore two traditional Buddhist temples - the Woyun Nunnery and Hua Zang Si, where you will find countless padlocks inscribed with couples' names to symbolize eternal love. After spending a whole day atop Emei Shan, your guide will lead you back to the cable cars to descend the mountain, where you'll embark on your journey back to Chengdu.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee for Leshan giant Buddha and Emei Shan
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- One-night accommodation at Baoguo Temple
- Excursion bus to cable car station in Emei Shan
- Roundtrip cable car ticket in Emei Shan
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the 3rd Ring Road of Chengdu.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the 3rd Ring Road of Chengdu
* Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU)
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Personal expense
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Please book this tour at least 5 days in advance.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time(usually at 9 a.m) will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
- You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 5 days before your travel date.