Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 2 times (last 30 days)
PrivateLeshan Giant Buddha and Tea Terrace In Lost Town 1 Day Tour
- Duration : 9 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
At over 230 feet tall (70 meters), the 1,300-year-old Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest Buddha statue in the world and attracts visitors from around the globe. Keep yourself from getting lost in the crowds of this UNESCO-listed attraction with the help of a certified guide from Chengdu who has tons of knowledge all about the region. Learn a lot about the tea and culture, pick tea from tea trees.
- Culture Heritage by UNASCO
- Off-road visit to countryside and 500 years old town
- Visit to traditional workshops
- Comprehensive Tea Learning - drinking in old tea house, picking tea from plantation, visit tea workshop
- Visit old courtyard house and listen to stories from the owner
View allExperience Details
You will be picked up by your guide at your Chengdu hotel, and then take metro or taxi to the modern Chengdu Train Station to catch the high-speed train to Leshan. During the one-hour train ride, you'll have a chance to mingle with locals and enjoy the idyllic landscape of the Chengdu countryside, which changes with the seasons - carpets of yellow rapeseed flowers in Spring, green seas of rice paddies in Summer, and the bright colors of falling leaves in Autumn.
- Giant Buddha Park
Once you arrive in Leshan, you will head to the Giant Buddha Park. The Leshan Giant Buddha is the biggest Buddha statue in the world – a 71-meter (233 ft) tall stone statue, built between 713 AD and 803 AD by the Tang Dynasty. It is carved out of a cliff face at the confluence of three rivers in the Mount Emei Scenic Area. You will first climb 300 steps to the top of Lingyun Hill, a 20-30 minute journey. On the way, you will stop to see the Black Dragon Pond and many ancient stone carvings and Buddhist sculptures from centuries passed. From the top of Lingyun Hill, you will view the three rivers that make this place so spiritually significant: the Min, the Qingyi and the Dadu river. From there you'll explore Buddhist sculptures and murals inside Lingyun Temple. You will then descend along the red sand cliff road to view Leshan Giant Buddha from below, before climbing up at the other side of the hill. (Sometimes there is a long queue to get down the hill to the Buddha, in which case your guide can help you skip the line by doing the cruise where you can get a great view of the buddha from the river.
- Old town
After visiting Buddha，there will be 40 mins drive to a laid-back old town. Take a walk around the town where traditional lifestyles still survived from the modernization. Along the way we visit traditional workshops such as blacksmith’s shop, bamboo workshop, barber shop etc. Enjoy tea and chat and share stories with lovely local people in old teahouse and later drop in one of the hundred-year-old courtyard house where it’s owner are so proud of and love to share stories of the house.
- Tea Terrace
A short drive takes us up to the mountain. The tea farmerwill take us to the teafield, where we will learn a lot about tea from how to pick-up the best tea sprouts or tea buds, to weather conditions and different regions for Tea. Have a try of picking tea from the tea trees! Afterward visiting the tea business family to reveal the process of making all kinds of tea, let’s sit down in front of the farm house and enjoy tea – more stories sharing and learning of tea, as in of wine there are Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir in tea as well!
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Transport throughout the day
- Boat for Giant Buddha
- Old town walking tour
- Family & Old house visit
- Local lunch
- Tea plantation visit
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the 3rd Ring Road of Chengdu.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the 3rd Ring Road of Chengdu
* Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU)
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Climbing for Giant Buddha
- Gratuities (recommended)
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time (usually at 9 a.m) will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
- Includes all entrance fees and transportation fees.
- Departure point: your hotel Departure time: 7:30-8:30a.m.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
- You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.