Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 3 times (last 30 days)
PrivateJiankou to Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking Day Tour
- Duration : 9 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
With a private guide providing commentary and navigating, trek from Jiankou to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall on this full-day tour from Beijing. This section of Great Wall is very popular among adventurers and photographers for its large number of twists and turns. Hike with your camera and get some perfect pictures.
- Hike from Jiankou and Mutianyu, a less-crowded stretch of the Great Wall
- Take photos of the panoramic views from the Great Wall
- Essential climbing and hiking equipment provided to ensure safety with all the adventure
- A unique Great Wall hiking experience escorted by professional expert guide
View allExperience Details
- Hotel pick-up
Your private guide will meet you in the hotel lobby at the suggested time and then start the tour in a nice, private vehicle.
- Jiankou Great Wall Section
After 2-hour driving, you will stop at the village "XiZhaZi", which is at the bottom of Jiankou Great Wall. To reach on Jiankou Great Wall, you have to climb for 40-50 minutes. Then you can see a deserted watchtower -- Zhengbeilou that gives you a panoramic view of the entire valley.
- Mutianyu Great Wall Section
Continue your hiking on the Great Wall from Zhengbeilou to Mutianyu tower 14 , which will take 2.5-3 hours. If you don’t want more hiking ,You could take cable car down from here. If you want more hiking , you can continue hike to tower 6 , it will take around 40 minutes from Tower 14 to Tower 6 where is toboggan down station.
- Lunch and return to Beijing
Lunch will be served after hiking. It consists of local Chinese food and different dishes. After lunch, you will be transferred back to Beijing with your private driver and guide.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Main entrance fees
- Authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Tolls, gas, parking fee
- Bottled water
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the 4th ring road of Beijing, with the exceptions of Beijing, Beijing West, and Beijing South Railway Stations.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the 4th ring road
* Beijing, Beijing South and Beijing West Railway Station
* Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
* Nanyuan Airport (NAY)
* Tianjin Port
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Cable car or chairlift/toboggan tickets
- Additional beverages at lunch
- This is not an easy hike. Prior hiking experience is highly recommended.
- Hiking shoes, extra water, necessary snacks (the lunch might be late), sunscreen, sun-glasses, cap and any other personal things are required to complete the challenging tour.
- Not recommended for participants who are pregnant and those with heart diseases or other serious medical conditions.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
- You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.