Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 5 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateSteps into Former Jewish Quarter in Shanghai
- Duration : 3 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Discover the Jewish history of Shanghai on a half-day tour with an expert guide. Hear about Jewish immigration to Shanghai and visit important sites around the Hongkou district, also known as Shanghai Ghetto, where thousands of Jewish refugees lived during World War II.
- 3-hour tour of the Shanghai Ghetto and Jewish Shanghai
- Learn about the history of Jews in Shanghai from a guide who specializes in Jewish history
- See the former Cathay Hotel and hear about Sir Victor Sassoon, whose real estate investments changed the face of Shanghai
- Understand the different waves of Jewish immigration to Shanghai
- Walk through the Hongkou district, aka the Shanghai Ghetto Stop at the Jewish Refugees Museum, housed in the former Ohel Moishe Synagogue
- View a monument to the Jewish refugees of WWII in Huoshan Park
View allExperience Details
After hotel pick-up, head for the Peace Hotel (formerly the Cathay Hotel, built by Sir Victor Sassoon) on Shanghai's famous Bund riverfront. Take in magnificent views of the city as your guide discusses in length the Baghdadi-Jewish legacy of the city.
- Shanghai Jewish Ghetto
After that, your guide will take you to the Hongkou district, also known as the Shanghai Ghetto. In the Hongkou district, you will visit various places including the Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum (Ohel Moshe Synagogue) and a monument in Huoshan Park. In addition, your guide will take you to explore the back lanes of the district and to visit a Chinese home where Jewish refugees used to live.
- Huoshan Park
The original cemetry for the Jewish refugees during the Second World War, in 1994 a stone tablet was set to memorize the locals to accept Jewish refugees.
Drop-off to your hotel.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- If your hotel is located far outside the city center, such as near Pudong Airport, we may need to change your pickup location or charge an additional transportation fee. We will email you in advance if there are any challenges involving your pickup time or location.
- The detailed information of your private guide and meeting time will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google