Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 2 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateOld and New Shanghai Single Day Tour
- Duration : 8 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
It is rare to find a city as metropolitan and advanced as Shanghai that still holds remains of an ancient era. Come explore both sides of Shanghai on this tour with a knowledgable local guide.
- Private one day tour with a dedicated English guide
- Authentic daily life experience by visiting local areas
- Dim-sum lunch in a Michelin recommended restaurant
- River cruise on the Huangpu River
View allExperience Details
- Pickup and Shanghai old streets & Fresh food market
You will be picked up by your guide at your hotel lobby at the appointed time (usually at 9:00 a.m.) Begin the tour by strolling down the old streets lined with Shikumen Houses, and then walk into a fresh food market, you will get a close look at the traditional life of Shanghainese.
- Tea ceremony
Tea-drinking is an indispensable part of Chinese culture. Sit down and learn Chinese tea culture from the tea expert while sipping different varieties of tea.
- Yuyuan Garden
Built in the Ming Dynasty, it is a classic scenic spot with the fame of "The Best Garden" of Southeast China.
- Dim-sum Lunch
A Dim-sum lunch in a 100-year-old local restaurant.
Followed the tour to the Bund, which is well-known as the International Architecture Exhibition.
- Huangpu River cruise
Then drive through a tunnel under the River, taking a close look of the Financial Centre of China. After that, take a cruise on the Huangpu River. On the cruise, you could see both sides of the river, Pudong and Puxi, which means "east of the river"and "west of the river".
- Former French Concession
To the end of the day, you'll visit one more place of your choice - the Former Concession Area to enjoy the atmosphere of east meeting west or one of the new popular places in Shanghai, that is, Tianzifang to completely give your tour a relaxing end. Afterward, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Main entrance fees and tickets for River Cruise
- Xiaolongbao delicious lunch
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Beverages at lunch
- The pickup does not include the hotel in the outskirts such as Jiading, Songjiang, Qingpu, Jinqiao, Chuansha in Pudong areas etc. If your hotel is not in the downtown your guide will give you the instruction to meeting at the downtown point.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time (usually at 9:00 a.m.) will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google