Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 2 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateCity Discovery by Metro with a visit to an Iconic Tower
- Duration : 8 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
There's no better way to truly experience Shanghai than by metro. Learn more about this amazing city and just be prepared to forget about personal space for the day.
- Get amazed by the contrasts of Shanghai
- Taste the local's much-loved snack at Yu Garden
- Privately guided by your favorite guide
- Admire impressive buildings like Oriental Pearl Tower
- Enjoy an experience full of Chinese elements including the Confucius Temple with tea ceremony
View allExperience Details
- Hotel pick-up
Your guide will meet you at your centrally located hotel at the appointed time.
- Iconic Buildings in Shanghai
First, you will visit an iconic building in Shanghai and rise to the observation deck to have a panoramic birds eye view of the whole city. Choose between the historic Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, JinMao Tower and the Shanghai Tower (the newest and highest building in China).
- The Bund Area
From here you will visit the Bund Area to see the 100-year old architecture and enjoy exciting views across the Huangpu River and riverside parks.
- The Confucius Temple
Next, you'll visit the Confucius Temple. It was built in 1291 and the only place to pay respects to Confucius in the city. From here, you will then go to a century-old local restaurant to have traditional steamed buns and local dishes based on your preferences.
- Yu garden
In the afternoon, you'll visit Yuyuan Garden, a famous classical garden in southern China which is over 400 years old built in Ming Dynasty. After Yuyuan Garden, you'll visit the surrounding areas, it is regarded as The Happy Shopping Kingdom for small items like inexpensive Chinese ornamental items. Where you can also find Chinese cultural souvenirs such as pearls, jade, and silk as well. You may still want to try a Chinese tea tasting.
- End of the tour
To end of the day, you'll visit one more place of your choice - the Former Concession Area to enjoy the atmosphere of east meets west or one of the new popular places in Shanghai, Tianzifang, to completely give your tour a relaxing end.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Entrance fees- Typically 200RMB to 300RMB/person for full day
- Lunch –Typically 50RMB to 100RMB based on your taste
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Public transportation fees using metro or taxis (typically 200RMB to 300RMB for full day)
- The pickup does not include the hotel in the outskirts such as Jiading, Songjiang, Qingpu, Jinqiao, Chuansha in Pudong areas etc. If your hotel is not in the downtown your guide will give you the instruction to meeting at the downtown point.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time (usually at 9:00 a.m.) will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google