Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 11 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateZhujiajiao Water Village Half Day Trip with Boat Ride
- Duration : 5 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Break free from the bustle of the city to the lovely water town of Zhujiajiao. Dive into the culture of ancient China as you enjoy the brilliant scenery on a boat ride down the water town.
- Family-friendly tour suitable for all ages
- Walk through the town and over some of the village's 36 bridges.
- Visit landmarks like the Qing Dynasty Post Office, Kezhi Garden, and Fangsheng Bridge.
- Take a canal ride on a Chinese gondola
View allExperience Details
- Drive to Zhujiajiao
Meet your private tour guide at the hotel lobby (usually at 9:00 a.m.) and arrive at the 400-year-old Zhujiajiao Water Town after about an hour's drive. Despite its skyscrapers, fashion, and finance, the Yangtze River Delta was once famous for its idyllic, small water towns. Zhujiajiao is undoubtedly a great example. This 1700-year-old Water town holds the nickname “The Venice of the East.”
- Boat Ride
Begin the tour by taking a boat ride on the criss-cross canals. You will experience wonderful views of this historic and well-preserved town. You can also take longer boat rides by lakeside, experiencing the town from a different angle and perspective.
- Kezhi Garden
Walk along the old alleyways and bridges to see more local buildings and bridges. Visit the biggest garden in Zhujiajiao-Kezhi Garden built in 1912. Kezhi garden is traditional private garden in shanghai which is well famous for rocks, zigzagging bridges ,lotus pool and farm land.
Choose a riverside restaurant, sit down for a delicious watertown style lunch.
- Do some shopping before going back
After lunch, visit some local shops then you'll be transferred back to you hotel in the private vehicle.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the listed scenic spots in Zhujiajiao
- Boat ticket
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Hotel pickup does not include hotels in the outskirts of Shanghai such as Jiading, Songjiang, Qingpu, Jinqiao, and Chuansha districts. If your hotel is not near the city center we will contract you to arrange a more suitable pickup location.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time (usually at 9:00 a.m.) will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google