Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 8 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateZhujiajiao Water Town Experience
- Duration : 7 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Brave the metro like a Shanghai local as you take a trip out to lovely Zhujiajiao water town. Despite its modern reputation for skyscrapers, fashion, and finance, all you need to do is head about an hour outside of Shanghai to find some of the most beautiful ancient canal towns in all of China. This trip to Zhujiajiao is by far the best way to really experience arguably the best water town near Shanghai without having to pay for a pricy private car for the day.
- Led by a certified, local English-speaking guide
- Navigate the Shanghai Metro like a local
- The perfect quick trip outside of Shanghai for those with time constraints
- Optional boat ride down small canals
View allExperience Details
Meet your guide at 9 am at the lobby of your hotel. Then take metro like a local. Enjoy views of Shanghai’s surrounding countryside as you head outside the city. After about 1.5 hours, you'll reach Zhujiajiao.
- Classic Chinese Garden
Begin your tour by visiting a classical Chinese garden— either Hexin Garden or Kezhi Garden. Then you'll stroll along the canals, checking out the well-preserved traditional architecture as your guide points out details of symbolic importance in their local culture.
- Qing Dynasty Post Office
This is the last existing Qing-Era post office in the Shanghai area, now operating as a museum. Take a look at its artifacts like original postcards that tell stories about the people who once lived here during the turbulent late-Qing era.
- Optional Canal Ride
Walk across gorgeous bridges and choose a riverside coffee bar to stop at and enjoy a relaxing afternoon. If you want, you have the option to take a short boat ride through the canals to finish off your trip.
Let your guide lead the way as you take the metro back to your hotel.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Entrance ticket to Hexin Garden/ Kezhi Garden
- Entrance to Qing Dynasty Post Office
- Metro fee from People's Square to Zhujiajiao and back
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide (along for the whole trip)
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide gratuity (Recommended)
- Boat ride
- The details about your guide and meeting time (usually at 9 a.m.) will be emailed to you at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google