Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 10 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateZhujiajiao Water Town Experience by Metro with Panda Pal
- Duration : 7 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Brave the metro with the help of an English-speaking Shanghai local Panda Pal as you take a trip out to lovely Zhujiajiao water town. Despite its modern reputation for skyscrapers, fashion, and finance, all you need to do is head about an hour outside of Shanghai to find some of the most beautiful ancient canal towns in all of China. This trip to Zhujiajiao is by far the best way to really experience arguably the best water town near Shanghai without having to pay for a pricy private car for the day.
- Led by a Panda Pal - English-speaking non-professional local, a warm-hearted/helpful real native
- Very affordable - get the private guided tour experience for a fraction of the price
- Navigate the Shanghai Metro like a local
View allExperience Details
Your pal will pick you up usually at 9 am at your hotel lobby. Then you will take metro like a local. Enjoy views of Shanghai’s surrounding countryside as you head outside the city. After about 1.5 hours, you'll reach Zhujiajiao.
- Classic Chinese Garden
Begin your tour by visiting a classical Chinese garden— either Hexin Garden or Kezhi Garden. Then you'll stroll along the canals, checking out the well-preserved traditional architecture as your guide points out details of symbolic importance in their local culture.
- Qing Dynasty Post Office
This is the last existing Qing-Era post office in the Shanghai area, now operating as a museum. Take a look at its artifacts like original postcards that tell stories about the people who once lived here during the turbulent late-Qing era.
- Optional Canal Ride
Walk across gorgeous bridges and choose a riverside coffee bar to stop at and enjoy a relaxing afternoon. If you want, you have the option to take a short boat ride through the canals to finish off your trip.
Let your pal lead the way as you take the metro back to your hotel.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Entrance ticket to Hexin Garden/ Kezhi Garden
- Entrance to Qing Dynasty Post Office
- Metro fee to Zhujiajiao and back
- English-speaking panda pal (along for the whole trip)
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Gratuity (Recommended)
- Boat ride
- The details about your local panda pal and meeting time (usually at 9 a.m.) will be emailed to you at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.