Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 27 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
GroupSmall Group Trip to Mutianyu Great Wall with English-speaking Driver
- Duration : 8 Hours
- Offered in English
- Pick-up included, drop-off excluded
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
See the Great Wall in all it's glory on quick, convenient small group trip. Perfect for those with time constraints or on a budget.
- Travel directly to and from the Great Wall: no factory or shopping stops
- Small Groups: no larger than 5 people
- English-speaking driver to ensure the trip goes smoothly
- The absolute best value for a hassle-free trip to the Great Wall
View allExperience Details
- Pick up
The actual pickup time depends on your hotel and traffic conditions. We will give you the approximate pickup time by email in the afternoon or evening prior to your tour date.
- Mutianyu Great Wall Ticket Office
The drive to Mutianyu takes about 1.5 hours. Once you arrive, your driver will purchase Great Wall entrance and shuttle bus tickets for you (included), and will help you purchase cable car OR chairlift up and toboggan down tickets (not included).
- Mutianyu Great Wall
Take either the cable car or chairlift up to the Great Wall (depending on whether you want to toboggan down or not). Explore the Great Wall at your own pace and enjoy standing on one of the world's greatest ancient wonders!
- Chairlift up and Toboggan down
Tell your driver in advance whether you'd prefer to ride the toboggan on your way down from the wall or take the cable car. The 2 options have separate entrances so ask your driver if you need help finding the right entrance.
- Cable Car up and back down
This is the option for those who don't want to take the toboggan. The cable car has better views coming up and down from the wall. Unfortunately the 2 options are operated by different companies so you can't mix the cable car with the toboggan unless you are willing to pay double.
- Lunch Time
Before you hop in the van and head back we strongly recommend you grab a bite to eat! There is a tasty dumpling place near the front entrance where your driver will usually eat, but there is also a Subway if you are craving something a little more familiar.
- Return to Beijing
Your driver will be waiting for you at the ticket office. He'll take your group back to Beijing Grand Hotel which nearby Tiananmen Square . If you would like to depart somewhere other than the Beijing Grand Hotel, it must be on the way to Beijing Grand Hotel from the wall. You can ask your driver for options.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- English-speaking driver
- Main entrance fees
- Great Wall Shuttle bus ticket
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water on board
- Pick-up included
The trip has a pick-up from hotels within the 4th ring road of Beijing, with the exceptions of Beijing, Beijing West, and Beijing South Railway Stations.
- Driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Guide service
- Cable car or chairlift/toboggan tickets
- Personal expense
- The Cable Car and Chairlift/Toboggan are operated by different companies, so you need to choose one of these two options for getting up to the wall and back down.
- Your driver's information and the pickup time will be provided to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google