Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 37 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
GroupSmall Group Forbidden City Walking Tour
- Duration : 4 Hours
- Offered in English
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Get the imperial treatment on our carefully-designed 4-hour journey through grand courtyards and opulent halls. Led by one of our three hand-picked Forbidden City guides, you’ll walk right passed the long lines and step back through 600 years of Imperial History filled with cultural significance, stories, and legends.
- Carefully-planned route to get the most out of your 4 hours
- Special group lane through Tiananmen security, skip long entrance lines
- Our guides are hand-picked for their experience and knowledge
- Incredible details about the history, architecture and culture of the palace
- Small Groups: no larger than 8 people
- Great value for budget travelers
View allExperience Details
- Begin your journey
Your guide will be awaiting you in front of the Beijing Planning Exhibition Hall at 9:00am You can get to the meeting place either by taxi or by metro. Taxi is recommended for its convenience. If you choose to take a metro, you can follow the guidance below: Take metro Line 2 and get off at the stop – Qianmen Station. Walk out from exit B and turn left to find the underpass. Then walk through it and turn right. The meeting point is just 200 meters away.
- Tiananmen Square
Breeze past the security lines with the help of your guide and enter an epicenter of major Chinese historical events: Tiananmen Square.You’ll pass by Mao’s mausoleum and the Great Hall of the People.
- Tiananmen Gate
This is the most ideal entry point into the palace. Stop for a picture in front of Mao’s famous portrait at Tiananmen Gate. Then walk right into the museum area, skipping the long ticket and entrance lines
- The Forbidden City
Step back in time as your guide takes you on a journey through the palace that housed 24 emperors over 560 years. Your guide will point out intricate details that bring Chinese history and culture to life. A few examples include:
1.Why does the Forbidden City officially only have 9999.5 rooms? 2.What are these intimidating lion statues and why are their ears folded down? 3.What are those little animal statues on top of the Hall of Supreme Harmony? …
- Jingshan Park
After thoroughly exploring, you’ll exit the palace and hike up a small hill to the top of Jingshan park, the royal park for emperors. You’ll get a fantastic view of the entire city of secrets that you’ve just unearthed.
- End of the Tour
At the end of tour, ask your guide for transportation information to your hotel and wave goodbye to each other.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Forbidden City and Jingshan Park entrance fees
- Versatile and Knowledgeable guide
- Pickup and drop-off
- Gratuity for guide (Recommended)
Meeting Point Info
- 9:00 am in front of the Beijing Planning Exhibition Hall
- This tour is unavailable on all Mondays excepting Chinese public holidays.
- You must bring your original passport(s) with you in order to pick up your Forbidden City Tickets. A photocopy of your passport will NOT be accepted.
- The waiting time for tourists who are late is limited to 15 minutes. Those who arrive more than 15 minutes late may not be able to enter the forbidden city without buying a new ticket.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
- Tiananmen Square is sometimes unavailable for important events. If so, you have to detour around the Square with your guide in order to enter the Forbidden City. We will inform you in advance if there are any changes to the itinerary.
- If you have to leave during the tour for any reason, we will be unable to refund you since the entrance ticket is non-refundable.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google