Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 32 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateMutianyu Great Wall and Forbidden City Day Tour
- Duration : 8 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Get your fill of Beijing's two greatest marvels on this faced paced all-encompassing day trip. The perfect tour for those who need to see the best of Beijing in a single day, your local guide will give you the low-down on what makes these world wonders so special while telling fascinating stories about China's emperors.
- See both of China's most famous wonders in a single day
- Knowledgable guide, private driver, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great food at a hand-picked local Chinese restaurant for lunch
- Hike along Mutianyu Great Wall at your own pace
View allExperience Details
Your private guide will meet you in the hotel lobby at the suggested time before you head out in a comfortable private vehicle.
- Tiananmen Square
The first stop of the tour will be Tiananmen Square, once the world’s largest city square. Stand amid the center of Chinese history as your guide explains its past and points out its significant buildings.
- Forbidden City
From Tiananmen Square you'll walk over to the Forbidden City, once the greatest palace complex in the world and home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties (1420–1911). With your guide leading the way and providing amazing details, stories about the emperors, and historical context, you'll gain a full understanding of the significance of this palace in shaping Chinese politics and culture over the centuries.
- Lunch Time
Time to grab some amazing local food at a nearby restaurant (you can choose from a few options) before heading up to the Great Wall.
- Mutianyu Great Wall
After lunch, head off to Mutianyu Great wall North of Beijing, which takes about an hour and a half. This section of the Great Wall is less crowded with tourists. There are 2 options for getting up to the great wall which you can choose from: taking a relaxing round trip cable car or taking an old-school chairlift up and sliding down on an awesome toboggan ride! The path you choose is totally up to you but unfortunately you cannot mix and match.
- Return to Beijing
After the Great wall visit, you'll head back to Beijing and get dropped off at your hotel.
Private Forbidden City 4 HoursFromUSD $18.48 pp
Private Airport transfer · Forbidden City + Mutianyu Great Wall 9 HoursFromUSD $96.60 pp
Private Mutianyu Great Wall + Ming Tomb 9 HoursFromUSD $58.94 pp
Private Mutianyu Great Wall English speaking Driver Service 8 HoursFromUSD $40.44 pp
Private Mutianyu Great Wall + Summer Palace 8 HoursFromUSD $66.46 pp
Private 2-Day Beijing Essence Tour 2 DaysFromUSD $114.20 pp
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- Main entrance fees
- Cable car or chairlift/toboggan tickets
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Tolls, gas, parking fee
- Bottled water
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the 4th ring road of Beijing, with the exceptions of Beijing, Beijing West, and Beijing South Railway Stations.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the 4th ring road
* Beijing, Beijing South and Beijing West Railway Station
* Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
* Nanyuan Airport (NAY)
* Tianjin Port
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Beverages at lunch
- With the exception of public holidays, this tour is unavailable on all Mondays because the Forbidden City is closed.
- PASSPORT REQUIRED: You need to bring your current valid passport in order to redeem your tickets at the forbidden city. A photocopy of your passport will NOT be accepted.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time will be sent to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.