Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateLayover Tour to Forbidden City and other Beijing City Highlights of Your Choice
- Duration : 8 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Due to wait at Beijing airport between flights? Then, make the most of your time with a private 8-hour tour of two Beijing must-sees. Stroll around Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden Palace, the 15th-century walled complex that was the preserve of China's emperors. Airport pickup/drop-off and private guide are included.
- Private 8-hour Beijing city layover tour including Forbidden City
- Highlights by your choice
View allExperience Details
- Tiananmen Square
Tiananmen Square is the world's largest public square. On arrival, enjoy a short walk around this massive public space, with its famous buildings. View the grandiose Great Hall of the People and glimpse other landmarks like the National Museum of China and Mausoleum of Mao Zedong, the lasting resting place of Chairman Mao.
- Forbidden City
Forbidden City is the world's biggest historical palatial complex and home to 14 Ming and 10 Qin emperors from 1406 on. Explore the pavilions, museums, and courtyards, and admire the classical architecture as you hear about the emperors who lived here. Guarded by its moat and 29-foot (9-meter) high walls, the complex was off-limits to Beijing's citizens, hence its name of the Forbidden City. If you still have time after Forbidden City visiting, you could take Hutong rickshaw tour for one hour(at your own cost).
- Flexible Tour Option and transfer back
The duration of this tour is 8 hours (from pick-up point and drop-off point). If you still have time after visiting the Tian'anmen Square and Forbidden City, you can choose one of other attractions in Beijing city: Temple of Heaven, Hutong or Summer Palace. At last, you will be dropped off at Beijing airport in time for your onward flight.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Main entrance fees
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Transfer and transportation by air-conditioned vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to Beijing, Beijing South & Beijing West Railway Stations, and Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Nanyuan Airport (NAY)
* Tianjin Port
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Your private guide or driver will meet you in the arrival hall holding a sign with your name according to your flight/cruise schedule or at the appointed time.
- The detailed information of your private tour will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google