Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 4 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateIndepth walking along the Bund with a drink on a Rooftop Bar
- Duration : 2 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Free cancellation up to 5 days before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
The Bund is the heart of Shanghai, and embodies the two-halves of the city's identity: colonial legacy and futuristic modernity. With your in-the-know guide, you’ll get special access to the Bund’s hidden gems and historical anecdotes. Have a drink on the rooftop terrace of a historic building, once the tallest in Shanghai. Overlooking the Bund and Huangpu River, you’ll feel like the King of Shanghai!
- A toast on the Sassoon terrace while overlooking the Bund
- Unique perspective and special access to certain parts of the Bund
- Historic findings and stories of the colonial buildings along the Bund
View allExperience Details
- Insight into Historic Bund
Meeting Point & Meeting Time: Fairmont Peace Hotel Lobby at 15:00 If Shanghai is a variant of traditional Chinese culture, the Bund is its origin. To get to know Shanghai, you have to start at the Bund. We’ll stroll down the bund and explore the history and beautiful architecture behind the imperious banking houses that made Shanghai the center of East-Asian trade in the early 20th century.
- Empire of the Sun
British writer, James Graham Ballard was born in Shanghai in 1930. He wrote the Empire of the Sun as his autobiography. The story was then put on screen by Spielberg in the 1980's, making it known world-wide. With us, aggregate the fragments of stories, view from same spots that the film was shooted.
- Enjoy a drink and the view atop the Peace Hotel Terrace
Under the pyramid top of the Peace Hotel there is a little balcony. Almost a century ago, Victor Sassoon, the owner of the hotel and Shanghai’s biggest power-broker of the 20th century, enjoyed overlooking the Bund on that little balcony. We’ll stop for a drink while we enjoy the marvelous panoramic view of the Bund.
- Mysterious Lion Bank
This building was formerly the Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation Building, AKA the first banking house for modern banking powerhouse HSBC. At that time, the English in Shanghai boasted that it was the most extravagant construction ever erected in the region from Bering Strait to Suez Canal. This building does not open on weekends and holidays since it’s now an active bank. No photos in the bank lobby, and no loud talking, but you must go if it’s open!
Inclusions & Exclusions
- A drink at the roof top bar
- Visit to Peace Hotel,former HSBC,former Shanghai Club and more
- Rich historic facts and story narration on the Bund, its architectures and the owners
- Guide gratuities (Recommended)
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Additional personal expenses
Meeting Point Info
- Lobby of Fairmont Peace Hotel at 15:00
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 5 days before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google
Other People Also Choose
PrivateHalf Day City Exploration for New and Old Shanghai
Duration:4 HoursFromUSD $28.40 pp
PrivateTerracotta Warriors Visit with Xi'an Highlights of Your Choice
Duration:8 HoursFromUSD $28.12 pp
Private Round-Trip Transfer between Shanghai's Pudong International Airport (PVG)/ Baoshan Cruise Terminal and Downtown Shanghai
Duration:2 HoursFromUSD $24.14 pp