Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 2 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateFeast on Dumplings and Cook Some Yourself, Too!
- Duration : 3 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up included, drop-off excluded
Why you'll love this trip
What could be better than biting into a juicy, warm dumpling? Learning how to cook your own, of course. Cooks of any level are welcomed to join in this lesson.
- Family & kid friendly
- Guided by a famous chef
- Make the local dish yourself
- Learn the culture and history of Chinese cuisine
View allExperience Details
Meet your gastronomic guide in your hotel lobby at appointed time and your guide will take you to a central Shanghai location and commerce the walking tour of the former French Concession, a quaint colonial area thronged with enticing food stalls.
- Local Delicacy Tasting
Watch vendors cook fresh local favorites and begin tasting your way through the city; feast on up to eight samples and savor the unique flavors of guotie, jiaozi, wontons and Shanghai's renowned xiaolongbao.
- Food Tasting and Art Deco Admiration
Listen as your guide offers fascinating insight into the cultural significance of food in Shanghai and admire the scenery as you stroll past Art Deco architecture to the venue of your cookery class.
- Har Gow Making
Greet your professional chef and observe a demonstration on how to make har gow, a Cantonese dim sum specialty that comes in the form of steamed potato wrappers stuffed with shrimp.
- Enjoy your Har Gow
Pleasure your appetite with the Har Gow made by yourself. Then you can start your adventures to explore Shanghai by your own. Your guide will advise you the direction if needed.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Professional guide
- Samplings during market tour and cooking class
- Har gow cooking class
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Pick-up included
The trip has a pick-up (by taxi or by metro) from locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick you up from the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from your pick-up location.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time (usually at 9:00 a.m.) will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
Once you place this order, there would be $50USD per person for deposite, which has no refund.
Cancellations received less than 5 days before your travel date will be charged 40% of the total amount, cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to your travel date is not acceptable.
If you want to make any adjustments (e.g. travel date, number of participants, itinerary etc.) to your trip, feel free to contact us.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google