Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 35 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
GroupChina's Most Breathtaking Waterways: Suzhou & Zhouzhuang Day Trip
- Duration : 10 Hours
- Offered in English
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
- Shanghai, Suzhou
Why you'll love this trip
Stroll through flowering gardens of Suzhou, the start of the silk road and Venice of the East, on this day trip out from Shanghai. You'll also stop by Zhouzhuang water town, where you'll float down charming ancient canals and explore it's winding alleys.
- Visit Suzhou's iconic Master of the Nets garden
- See Panmen Gate of Suzhou's 2,500 year-old city wall
- Walk along the longest canal in the world: China's Grand Canal
- Visit a silk mill and learn all about where silk comes from.
- Ride a boat through canals in Zhouzhuang water town
View allExperience Details
After the bus picks everyone up you'll drive about an hour and a half out to Suzhou. The heart of China's silk production and starting point of the silk road, Suzhou boasts some of the most famous traditional gardens in all of Asia.
- Scenic spots in Suzhou
While in Suzhou you'll visit the Master of Nets Garden- one of the UNESCO sites, the Silk Embroidery Research Institute, the Grand Canal, Panmen Ancient City Wall, and a Silk Production Facility to get a full picture of everything this amazing city has to offer.
After lunch, you'll head to Zhouzhuang, the most iconic water village in China with sleepy canals and beautiful ancient Chinese architecture. The majority of the residences were built in the Ming and Qing Dynasties, and among them nearly 100 classic courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways are still in good condition.
- Boat ride in Zhouzhuang
Before heading back to Shanghai you'll get to take a relaxing gondola ride down Zhouzhuang's idyllic canals and possibly hear a local folk song from your oarsman.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Main entrance fees
- Boat ride in Zhouzhuang
- Traditional Chinese Lunch
- English Speaking Guide
- Air-Conditioned Coach
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Beverages at lunch
Meeting Point Info
- The Kunlun Jing'an Hotel (Former Hilton Shanghai) Concierge (Add: 250 Huashan Road) at 07:50 AM
- Grand Kempinski Hotel Shanghai Concierge (Add: 1288 Lujiazui Ring Road) at 08:00 AM
- Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World Concierge (Add: 88 West Nanjing Road) at 08:15 AM
- The Westin Bund Center Shanghai Concierge (Add: 88 Henan Central Road) at 08:30 AM
- Please arrive at the the specific departure point you signed up at 10 minutes prior to the departure time.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.