Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 2 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateBest of Shanghai Single Day Tour by Metro with Panda Pal
- Duration : 8 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Discover Shanghai: a city with one foot in the future and the other in the past; a place where business, fashion, and science collide. Explore the city with a Panda Pal, an ordinary Shanghai Local who will show you a more raw, authentic version of Shanghai through their own perspectives. Get a glimpse of what local life is like as well as a breathtaking panoramic views of China's biggest metropolis.
- Led by a Panda Pal - English-speaking non-professional local, a warm-hearted/helpful real native
- Very affordable - get the private guided tour experience for a fraction of the price
- Navigate the Shanghai Metro like a local
- Breathtaking views of Shanghai's Skyline
- Get an inside look at local life
View allExperience Details
- French Concession: Fuxing Park
Meet your panda pal in your hotel lobby (usually at 9:00 a.m. but up to you!) and start your journey in Fuxing Park, where you'll get to hang out with locals as they take part in classic Chinese morning activities, including dancing, meditating, and practicing Tai Chi. Some are also gathering to play cards and catching up with friends. It's the perfect way to start your day in Shanghai!
- The French Concession: Tianzifang
Next, head to the Tianzifang in the Former French Concession, an area of well-preserved stone houses with lots of interesting shops, cafes and restaurants. The houses are all reconstructed from old colonial-era residential blocks. Stroll through the alleyways and have a leisure time enjoying the art, food and souvenirs.
- Xiao Long Bao Lunch
Revitalize yourself with a delicious lunch in a local restaurant where you can try Shanghai's famous "Xiao Long Bao" (little dragon dumplings) and other delicious dishes.
- A Bird's View of Shanghai
After lunch, we'll head over to Pudong Lujiazui Financial Center and head up one of the skyscrapers, where you'll get a breathtaking panoramic view of Shanghai.
- The Bund: Huangpu River Cruise
Before the sun sets we'll take a stroll down Shanghai's famous Bund before hopping on a sightseeing cruise down the Huangpu River. You'll see amazing city landmarks along the riverside, such as the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Tower and colonial banking houses of the Bund. Once you've had your fill of Shanghai's incredible skyline we'll take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Public transportation by metro
- Shanghai Dim-Sum Lunch
- English-speaking panda pal (along for the whole trip)
- Entrance fees to Oriental TV Tower(2nd sphere)/Shanghai Tower/Jinmao Tower/SWFC & Huangpu River Cruise
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Beverages at lunch
- The detailed information of your panda pal and pickup time (usually at 9:00 a.m.) will be emailed to you at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google