Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 3 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateBeijing City Tour by Metro: Forbidden City, Hutong and Temple of Heaven
- Duration : 8 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
Walk in the footsteps of emperor and commoner alike as you explore historic Beijing sites. Your guide will share more about what life was like for Beijingers in the past, as well as what it's like nowadays.
- Discover the hidden gems in local neighborhood
- Walk around Tiananmen Square and hear about its historical and cultural significance
- Look at the magnificent scene from the Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven
- Wander in lanes and hutongs by hopping on a rickshaw
View allExperience Details
- Hotel pick-up
Pick up at your hotel (between 8:00am to 9:00am)
- Tian'anmen Square
Visit Tian'anmen Square, the world's largest public square. Explore the sites around the square with opportunities to take some amazing pictures.
- Forbidden City
Next, the magnificent Forbidden City, the largest Imperial Palace in the world. We'll spend a couple of hours wandering around this amazing example of Imperial architecture and learning about the history of the palace.
- Hutong (old residential area)
After lunch, drive to the hutong (old residential area) where the transport change into a delightful rickshaw! The 30 minute rickshaw tour stops at a local family where our special guests get insight into the home settings, life, and culture of traditional Beijingers.
- Temple of Heaven
Temple of Heaven is the largest Imperial place of worship from ancient times. This special place becomes a park where the local community utilizes this beautiful and enormous space for social activities like Taiji practice.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Attractions entrance fees
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Hutong rickshaw riding
- Public transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the 4th ring road of Beijing, with the exceptions of Beijing, Beijing West, and Beijing South Railway Stations.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the 4th ring road
* Beijing, Beijing South and Beijing West Railway Station
* Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
* Nanyuan Airport (NAY)
* Tianjin Port
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide gratuities (Recommended)
- Except for the public holidays, this tour is unavailable on all Mondays.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google