Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 11 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
PrivateA Spiritual Journey to Hangzhou by High Speed Rail
- Duration : 12 Hours
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Shanghai, Hangzhou
Why you'll love this trip
Take a visit to Hangzhou, the Heavenly City, and discover more about the religious beliefs and customs of the area. Explore the ancient Lingyin Temple embedded into mountainous terrain. Traverse a local tea plantation and engage in a traditional Chinese tea ceremony. Wherever you’re from, Hangzhou will soothe your spirit.
- The exciting high-speed rail between Shanghai and Hangzhou
- The tranquility of the Lingyin Temple
- Discover the West Lake by rowboat or a sightseeing car ride
- Sample “dragon wellbeing” green tea and learn about the tea culture
- Explore local life by visiting a local food market or the Alibaba Seafood Market
View allExperience Details
- Depart to Hangzhou
Meet your driver at your hotel lobby at the appointed time. Drive to the high-speed railway station and start your journey to Hangzhou by train.
- Lingyin Temple
Your guide will pick you up at the Hangzhou Railway Station and then you’ll head to the Lingyin Temple. Lingyin Temple was founded 1600 years ago by the Indian monk Huili. It was once regarded as one of the ten most famous ancient temples in China. Nowadays, it’s still a popular pilgrimage site for Buddhists to come and pray. Regardless of your religious beliefs, come and immerse yourself in the tranquility of the temple while appreciating its surrounding mountainous landscape.
- Experience Chinese Tea Culture
Continue on to the Meijiawu Longjing Tea Plantation where you will taste local, homemade Hangzhou cuisine and taste some of the famous “dragon wellbeing” (Longjin) green tea. After lunch, you will hike through the tea plantation. Enjoy the amazing view of the tea garden and learn about tea-picking and culture.
- West Lake
West Lake is famous for its natural scenery, historic sites and cultural relics. Choose your own method of appreciating the beauty of West Lake. Take a private rowboat out on the lake or ride a public sightseeing car to experience the lake’s stunning scenery.
- Exploring Hangzhou City Life
At the end of the day, you’ll have a chance to visit one of two places: Choice 1: Jack Ma's Alibaba Seafood Supermarket! Experience the convenience of modern life like the Hangzhou locals in this high-tech powered supermarket. Choice 2: A traditional Chinese food market with fresh, raw ingredients; seasonings; fruits; and traditional Chinese medicines. If you’d like to know more about traditional Chinese daily life or if you’re looking for a little adventure, check this place out!
- Back to Shanghai
Travel back to Shanghai by high-speed rail, you will be picked up at Shanghai high-speed rail station by the driver, transfer back to your hotel.
Private Best Shanghai 8 HoursFromUSD $89.60 pp
Group Suzhou and Zhouzhuang Water Town 10 HoursFromUSD $123.20pp
Private Suzhou and Zhouzhuang Water Town 10 HoursFromUSD $83.97 pp
Group Hangzhou Day Trip 11 HoursFromUSD $151.76pp
Private Layover · Zhujiajiao Water Town + Shanghai 10 HoursFromUSD $80.92 pp
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide in Hangzhou
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Round-trip high-speed rail train fare (Second Class)
- Tickets for rowboat cruise or sightseeing car
- Entrance fee to Lingyin Temple
- Delicious local lunch
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the middle ring road of Shanghai.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the middle ring road
* Hongqiao Railway Station
* Hongqiao Airport (SHA)
* Pudong Airport (PVG)
* Cruise Terminal
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Additional beverages at lunch
- Hotel pickup does not include hotels in the outskirts of Shanghai such as Jiading, Songjiang, Qingpu, Jinqiao, and Chuansha districts. If your hotel is not near the city center we will contract you to arrange a more suitable pickup location.
- In order to book your train tickets, pls provide your passport information-Name/Passport No/Nationality/BOD(M/D/Y) when you place the order.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
The trip cannot be canceled once your train tickets are booked.