Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- Booked 7 times (last 30 days)
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
Private2-Day Beijing Essence Tour
- Duration : 2 Days
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off included
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before your trip
Why you'll love this trip
In this two-day tour you’ll get deep touch with this amazing city – Beijing. You'll get to learn more about the stories behind famous spots like the Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and Great Wall from a knowledgable tour guide.
- Privately guided by a knowledgable guide
- Chance to visit the old part of Beijing by a rickshaw and interact with the locals
- Breathtaking view of the Mutianyu Great Wall
- Other must-visit tourist attractions of Beijing including Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City
- Authentic Chinese food for lunch
View allExperience Details
- Day 1: Tiananmen Square , Forbidden City, Hutong and Temple of Heaven
- Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City
The first stop of the tour will be Tiananmen Square. Your guide will provide you commentary to the history, architecture, and anecdotes of the square. Later vist the world's largest imperial palace (Forbidden City ) with 9,999½ forbidden imperial chambers, home to 24 emperors in the Ming and Qing dynasties (1420–1911). You'll be marvelled by the gorgeous Chinese ancient style architectures and interesting history and lives of those Chinese emperors.
- Hutong and Lunch
Head to HouHai area of Beijing, where you can visit the old Hutong, one of the most important cultural elements of Beijing. Change your transportation into a delightful rickshaw to explore this area better. After hutong rickshaw, have lunch in a nice local restaurant.
- Temple of Heaven
After lunch, head to the largest Imperial place of worship from ancient times. The Altar, Echo Wall, and spectacular Imperial Vault are the highlights of most tour packages. Meanwhile, this special place becomes a park where the local community utilizes this beautiful and enormous space for social activities. At the end of the tour in Temple of Heaven, your private driver will drop you off at your hotel.
- Day 2: Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace
- Mutianyu Great Wall
For the second day, after picking up at appointed time, your guide and driver will take you to Mutianyu Great Wall, a less crowded but very gorgeous part of the Great Wall. Usually it will take you about 1.5 hours there. After ascending the Wall, you'll have about 1.5 hours to admire the spectacular view. Round Trip cable car or chairlift uo and toboggan down included.
- Summer Palace
After the Great Wall visit, you will have lunch in a local retaurant on the way to Summer Palace. Then accompanied by your private guide, set out to explore Summer Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was first built in 1750 and upheld as a masterpiece of Chinese garden design. Wander around the gardens, lakes and hills, and admire the harmonious design of Chinese imperial gardens.
- Drop off to your hotel
Upon finishing Summer Palace visit, you can have a quick view of the Olympic Stadiums on the way back to your hotel with your private driver and guide.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Main entrance fees
- Authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- Cable car or chairlift/toboggan tickets
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Hutong rickshaw fee
- Summer Palace dragon boat fee (Apr.-Oct.)
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Tolls, gas, parking fee
- Bottled water
- Pick-up and drop-off included
The trip has a pick-up and a drop-off from/to locations within the 4th ring road of Beijing, with the exceptions of Beijing, Beijing West, and Beijing South Railway Stations.
We can also pick up/drop off from/to the following locations or any other location you specify, but there may be an additional fee.
* Hotels / Service Apartments / Airbnbs outside the 4th ring road
* Beijing, Beijing South and Beijing West Railway Station
* Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
* Nanyuan Airport (NAY)
* Tianjin Port
Please contact us for further information on the expected cost from/to your pick-up/drop-off location.
- Guide & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Additional beverages at lunch
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- The detailed information of your private guide and pickup time will be informed to you by email at least 24 hours prior to your travel date.
- Spanish, French, or other non-english speaking guides must be booked at least 5 days in advance and will require an additional fee
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 48 hours before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google