Number of Travelers
- Book NowInquire
- No hidden booking or credit card fees
- Instant confirmation after booking
- Best Price Guarantee
Private"Ancient and Modern China" 8-Day Private Trip: Beijing – Xi'an – Shanghai
- Duration : 8 Days
- English (and other languages)-speaking guide
- Free cancellation up to 5 days before your trip
- Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai, Suzhou
Why you'll love this trip
This 8-day suggested itinerary covers major popular destinations in China and makes an ideal tour for first-time visitors. Enjoy five Chinese World Heritage sites in 8 days. The essence of China is there to be discovered alongside the world phenomenon of "New China".
- No shopping stops! Authentic Tours, Best Experience!
- Admire a less crowded part of the Great Wall by stepping on the world wonder
- Explore Forbidden City
- Taste crispy, succulent roast duck at the most famous restaurant — Quanjude
- Gaze and be amazed as you are confronted by the Terracotta Warriors
- Explore the elegance of the Bund by entering old buildings
View allExperience Details
- Day 1: Beijing Arrival
Your private guide or driver will meet you in the arrival hall/ train station holding a sign with your name accoding to your flight/train schedule or at the appointed time. NOTE: You can begin your journey from Shanghai and end in Beijing.
- Day 2: Beijing: Tian'anmen Square & Forbidden City
Start your day from Tian'anmen Square, right in the heart of Beijing. Jump out to walk around the vast public space, the largest city square in the world, with space for up to one million people. Then visit the Forbidden City, once the epicenter of the Imperial City and the largest ancient palace complex in the world. Follow your guide on a walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage site, admiring the palatial buildings and cultural relics that date back to the Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
Next, visit the Temple of heaven and the Summer Palace, a UNESCO world culture heritage attraction.
- Day 3:Beijing: Mutianyu Great Wall
The restored Mutianyu Great Wall stretch dates to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), and is considered one of the most scenic and less crowded sections. Snaking along mountain ridges and notable for its densely spaced watch towers, it boasts crenellated parapets on both sides — a rarity on other parts of the wall.
- Ming Tombs and Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant
Visit the Ming Tombs. Then enjoy your dinner at the famous Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant.
- Day 4:Beijing to Xi'an by High Speed Train: Shanxi History Museum, Muslim Quarter
Your private driver/guide will pick you up at your hotel in Beijing and drop you off at the train station, and then you will travel from Beijing to Xi'an by High Speed Train. When you arrive in Xi'an, your guide will pick you up at the station. Shanxi History Museum is one of the first huge state museums with modern facilities in China and one of the largest. The museum houses over 370,000 items, including murals, paintings, pottery, coins, as well as bronze, gold, and silver objects. Then, in the Muslim Quarter, immerse yourself in the history of the Muslims and their life in China. You will see various food and you can have you dinner there.
- Day 5: Xi'an: Terracotta Warriors
Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum is the Eighth Wonder of the World, the biggest on-the-site museum in China with thousands of Terracotta Warriors and Horses made by ancient Chinese more than 2,000 years ago. You surely will be impressed by the magnificent formation.
- Ancient City Wall
Then, visit the ancient City Wall. Protecting Xi'an for about 600 years, it is the best preserved and most complete wall that has survived through China's long history.
- the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Flight to Shanghai
Next, you will go to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. This is a Tang Dynasty Buddhism temple dated back to 1,300 years ago. You can learn historical facts and enjoy interesting stories here. After the visit in Xi'an, your private driver/guide will drop you off at the airport, and you will take the flight to Shanghai. When you arrive in Shanghai, your private driver/guide will pick you up.
- Day 6: Shanghai: Fuxing Park, Former France Concession, Yu Garden
Start your exciting sightseeing tour in Shanghai from Fuxing Park, where you will see locals dancing and practicing meditation and Tai Chi as their morning exercise. Then you'll visit the Former Concession Area to enjoy the atmosphere of east meeting west. Yu Garden was built in the Ming Dynasty. It is a classic scenic spot with the fame of being "The Best Garden" of Southeast China.
- Bund, Lujiazui Financial District and Huangpu Night Cruise
Then, visit the Bund, well known as the International Architecture Exhibition to the west side of Huangpu River, and the Lujiazui Financial District. Also, you can take an evening cruise on the Huangpu River.
- Day 7: Suzhou: Humble Administrator's Garden, Pingjiang Road
Private car to Suzhou. The Humble Administrator's Garden is a Chinese garden in Suzhou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous gardens of Suzhou. It is the largest garden in Suzhou and is considered by some to be the finest garden in all of southern China. Nearby, there is the Pingjiang Road, one of the famous historical and cultural streets of China.
- Zhouzhuang Water Town, Back to Shanghai
Then, you will visit Zhouzhuang Water Town, a town famous for its canals. It is one of the most famous water townships in China, noted for its profound cultural background, the well preserved ancient residential houses and the elegant watery views. It has been called the "Venice of the East". After the visit, you will return to your hotel in Shanghai by private car.
- Day 8: Shanghai Departure
Your private driver/guide will drop you off at the airport and you will take the flight in Shanghai and leave China. NOTE: If you start your journey in Shanghai, you will leave China from Beijing.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Airport/train station pick-up and drop-off
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Flights (Economy Class) from Xi'an to Shanghai
- Gaotie (First Class) from Beijing to Xi'an, from Shanghai to Suzhou
- Main entrance fees
- Delicious lunch on day 2-7
- Dinner on day 3, 4 and 6
- Versatile and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle in every destination city, chosen for ample space (including round trip between Shanghai and Suzhou)
- Guide Service & driver gratuities (Recommended)
- Additional beverages at lunch
- Hotel Accommodation(Accommodation booking service is provided)
- Airport/train station pick-up: your driver/guide will meet you in the arrival hall holding a sign with your name according to your flight/train.
- Hotel pickup: your private guide will meet you in your hotel lobby usually at 9:00 AM or appointed time.
- For this tour, from Beijing to Shanghai, or from Shanghai to Beijing, you can choose.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policy
You can reschedule or cancel your trip at zero cost up to 5 days before your travel date.
Unlock China with the Panda Phone
All-in-one Rental Mobile Travel Assistant
- Smart Phone with Mainland China Number
- Travel & Emergency Help at Your Fingertips
- 4G Wireless Data, Unlimited Calling & Texts
- VPN - Access Blocked Websites Like Google